Whether you’re a seasoned sailor or a first-timer, we’ve got all the answers to your questions before you set sail on Schooner Serenity.
Have a question for us that isn’t answered? Contact us here or call/text us at 1(269) 214-2445.
Here is what we’re doing to protect the safety of our guests and our crew:
• Masks. Every guest is required to have a mask with them and must be willing to wear it at certain times. (While boarding, moving about the boat past others, etc.) Masks aren’t required once everyone is settled and has sufficient space, however the crew will be wearing them at all times.
• Social Distancing. We have brought our max capacity down to 16 guests to give everyone more space.
• Safety First, Always. We’re keeping a close eye on CDC and the State of Michigan guidelines and will adhere and adapt to them with uncompromising detail.
• Sanitation Efforts. In addition to newly installed hand sanitizer stations throughout the boat, all high traffic areas on both boats are thoroughly sanitized before each sail.
• Easy Cancellation with Full Refund. Our cancellation policy has always been simple and customer-focused. Rest assured that you can still look forward to your vacation and book your sail without worrying about a cancellation fee if plans change.
Our most popular sailing cruises usually sell out about two weeks in advance. If your group is 4 people or more, we recommend booking as far in advance as possible to secure your spot.
If you’re hoping to book a private charter but don’t see availability on the calendar, we do sometimes have the flexibility to add an additional sailing slot that isn’t on the normal schedule. Just reach out and we can see if that’s possible!
It can be a bit colder out on the water than it is on shore. We recommend bringing a sweater or light jacket with you.
Also please feel free to bring a beverage (alcohol is permitted) or light snacks to enjoy while sailing.
If we have to cancel the trip due to weather or any other reason your credit card will be fully refunded automatically.
For Afternoon & Sunset Sails, please let us know at least 5 days in advance if you cannot make the trip or would like to reschedule.
For Private Charters, please let us know 30 days in advance if you need to cancel.
No-shows cannot be refunded.
This year our max capacity is generally set at 16 guests. We will sometimes under special circumstances allow an additional person or 2 on board if group sizes still allow for social distancing.
Schooner Serenity’s dock is located at 219 N Union St, Douglas MI.
If you’re familiar with local landmarks, our dock is in between the red lighthouse and the Red Dock Cafe just off of Blue Star Highway in Tower Marina.
Yes, Schooner Serenity does have a small bathroom on board. Please keep in mind that the bathroom, or ‘head’, is down a ladder-style staircase.
The Captain will be in touch with you on the day of your trip if the weather is looking too rough to sail. The safety of our guests is our highest priority, so we’ll never go sailing if the forecast looks too dangerous. You will get an automatic full refund if we cancel the trip for any reason.
We don’t allow children under the age of 4 on public sails for safety reasons.
Also, please note that children ages 4-6 must wear life vests while on board. You may bring your own (Coast Guard Certified Type II) but we also have standard issue orange life vests available for all.
Absolutely! We don’t provide or sell any alcohol but please feel free to bring your own to enjoy while on board. Beer and wine only, please.